This past week’s show was exactly what I was hoping for… three incredible women showing up in the Conscious Conversations Café to talk openly and honestly about why women hold back – whether it’s the fear of failure or the fear of success (two very different things) – and just what happens when women feel comfortable in their own skins and take the leap, often without a net.
Susan Bishop of Unlocked Box, Colleen McKenna of Intero Advisory and Christy Little Jones of My Relationship Revolution showed up BIG time and talked about holding back from their very own experiences and from observing other women who do the same. Each of these women are now in a position to work with and coach other women to let their light shine.
Some points of interest from the conversation:
- Before you judge your success, you must determine what “success” means to you. What does it look like? When will you think you’re successful?
- If you’re holding back, determine what’s behind it. What are you afraid of if you suddenly became “successful”?
- What stereotypes do you associate with “successful” women?
- Do women support other women? Or, can that be something we talk about a lot but in practice, fall short of doing?
- If you’re moving forward, there will always be something to strive for, attempt, or create. So, the “fear of success” around an issue can show up many times. “Success” and the way you define it, is not a static thing.
- Remember to let YOU shine through in your endeavors – not a copy of someone else.
Before they left, Susan, Colleen and Christy all shared their advice on what to do to push past your fear and give yourself permission to shine. Words of wisdom for sure.
If you missed the show or you want to share it with a friend, it will be posted in the podcast archive later on this week – around Wednesday afternoon or Thursday. It’s the September 29th show.
Tune in, get some relief that you’re not the only one who faces fear and get ready to take your leap. You’ll be so glad you did.